Freedom

Freedom
Freedom Is Power

Friday, June 13, 2014

You Do The Math

Good evening friends and thank you for joining "The Chase Is Over".
Have you ever been in a place that was so dark, that you couldn't see a way out ?
Have you ever pictured your own death ? Have you ever saw your life flash before your very own eyes ?
I was living dangerously. Playing roulette with my life.
Opiate abuse is a huge problem on a wider scale. People are in sheer denial ! Everyday I meet people that abuse some type of narcotic pill, or knows someone who does.
The pill I became addicted to was Lorcet 10/650 (Hydrocodone - Generic name) Lorcet contains a high amount of acetaminophen.  Also pills such as Darvocet, Percocet, Ultracet, Vicodin, Norco, and Lortab all contain a high amount of acetaminophen. The daily dose for Lorcet 10-650 is not to exceed no more than 4 caplets in a 24 hour period. So if a person took 6 caplets in a 24 hour period that would be 3, 900 miligrams.
"Hepatotoxicity" Is - Damage to the liver caused by certain drugs or medicines.
Hepatotoxicity has been associated with acetaminophen and cases of acute liver failure resulting in liver failure or death.
Most of the cases of liver injury are associated with the use of acetaminophen at doses that exceed 4000 milligrams per day.

Where my story becomes MIRACULOUS...
Throughout the years of my addiction, it seemed I could take a certain amount of pills, for a certain amount of time. My tolerance kept growing for more and more pills. I went from taking the recommended dosage to ridiculously exceeding that.
I was taking up to 7 pills at one time everyday all day. From the time I would wake up, I would eat breakfast and then take 6 or 7 pills, then 4 hours later they would start to wear off. I would take more pills. All day I would take pills until I passed out and fell asleep. I was taking 35-40  pills in a 24 hour period !
YOU DO THE MATH... Let's do some mathematics. 650 milligrams × 35 pills =a staggering 22,750  milligrams of aceteminophin a day ! If I took 40 tablets in a day that would be 26,000 mg of acetaminophen !
GOD kept me here on earth for a reason !
Ever since getting clean I have been getting blood test for my liver every 6 months,  and my test have been normal.....
I have always been a fairly small bodied woman weighing 110 lbs. I have talked with men that have said 1 percocet made them almost pass out. So my body over the years had built up a strong tolerance for the Lorcet. My severe addiction to the Lorcet (Hydrocodone) cause me to permanently go deaf. It was very hard breaking away from those chains. I was a prisoner in my own life. I was a hostage of Lorcet 10/650 for 11 long years. Of course it didn't start off as an addiction, but it definitely led to one. The longer I took the pills, the worst it got.
I can only describe my life as pure turmoil and hell on earth.... I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.
When I got clean It all became a memory.
But everyday I'm reminded in some kind of way of what my life use to be.
My faith in GOD has kept me grounded throughout the years. There has never been a time that I have EVER  thought about going back to that life.
If you are struggling with any addiction, and you desire to get clean, and stay clean... If you want it bad enough YOU CAN HAVE IT ! It will take some hard work ! But you can do it !!!!
Thank you for tuning in....

No comments:

Post a Comment