Freedom

Freedom
Freedom Is Power

Saturday, April 11, 2015

We Are Upon A International Crisis

Good afternoon,  and welcome back to Chasenomore.Org 

Thank you to all of my readers from all over the world ! And to my readers here in the US ♥.
I see you, France ♥, Sweden ♥ Russia ♥, Germany♥, United Kingdom ♥, Moldova ♥, The Netherlands ♥, Canada ♥, Thailand ♥, Australia ♥ Romania ♥, and Ukraine ♥ !!!
Please keep reading and sharing Chasenomore.Org...
I am all about helping others,  and it doesn't matter that your on the other side of the world.  It doesn't matter that we've never met face to face. Any human being that went through what I went through with ADDICTION, I am here to help you.  SUPPORT IS POWERFUL ! Please believe that. When I got clean, I didn't have any type of support from anyone that was going through what I went through.  I don't know anyone personally that went deaf from painkillers.  If your reading this and you lost your hearing from painkillers, please email me your story. Because I would like to hear your story.
I am helping a young lady who emailed me from the South of England.  She's 24 years old, and has been addicted to "MS contin", "Oxycodone" and "Codeine" for the past 4 years. Because of confidentiality I will not say her name. But as I said before SUPPORT IS POWERFUL ! I walked in her shoes, and I am trying to help her best I can. If she was inspired by my story, then that means that she hasn't given up hope. ♥


As I see all of these different countries being affected by addiction it just makes me realize that it's now a Pandemic.
The U.S. is looking to other nations on ideas on how to treat addiction as a disease.
"The U.S. Director Of National Control Policy" -  Gil Kerlikowske visited London, and spoke to drug addiction experts in other countries to learn whether elements of their programs could work here in the U.S.
" The Office Of National Drug Control Policy released a report that said it showed the importance of addressing the nations drug problem as a "Public Health Issue".
Drug addiction and abuse is a problem across all cultures, nations and demographics. However different drugs are varingly popular among countries, with contributing factors,  like availability, cost, and cultural usage, among the factors which determine a country's illicit drug of choice.


The following list looks at 10 of the world's countries which face the biggest drug problems, and the prevalence of some of the most problematic drugs in these countries. (The most prominent used and abused drug in each country)

1. Mexico -  Meth

2. Brazil - A drug called " OXI" it's a mixture of "cocaine paste", gasoline, calcium oxide, and kerosene.  WOW a very dangerous cocktail, with a deadly combination of ingredients. This drug is highly hallucinogenic, and highly addictive.

3. US - Prescription pain pills epidemic  - 7 out of 10 Americans are taking opioids.
(That's a lot of Americans)

4. Canada -  Marijuana epidemic

5. Afghanistan - Heroin epidemic

6. Russia -  Alcohol epidemic

7. Slovakia -  Inhalents epidemic

8. France - Prescription pain pills epidemic

9. United Kingdom - Alcohol

10. Iran - Heroin

All different types of drugs are being used all over the world, in every country. This list consist of 10 country's and there most used drug of choice.


Drugs can affect anyone, the key is knowledge, and educating yourself. Some people may think, "Humm I don't do drugs, I never had a problem with drugs my whole life, this is not my problem".Others are scared to death to become addicted to any drug, and wonder how can they avoid becoming a statistic.

Everyone's brain have a reward system, and millions of Americans use prescription pain pills - or even misuse them for a short time - without developing opioid addiction.
What determines who becomes addicted, and who doesn't ?
Despite opioid drugs reputation as " happy pills" not all people are wired to enjoy their effects. In many people nausea and dizziness outweigh any euphoric rush from the drugs. " They don't like it that much,  and they  have no interest in taking it again".
Even more people might experience pleasure like most people do alcohol.  It's something pleasurable "in moderation" but they have no urge to over do it.
Many people have brains that are already primed for addiction.
"They take a pain pill and say WOW that's fantastic! " They really want to feel that feeling again. Soon they seek further chances to use the drug, and continue to increase the dose.

Can someone know if their brain is vulnerable to opioid addiction?
Unfortunately "there's no blood test, no scan of the brain, that can predict who will become addicted".
While certain genes have been associated with the risk for drug addiction, "no one gene is responsible", and there is no genetic test to identify "people at risk".
In the "environmental category"
That includes everything from your social group,  your economic status, your family environment and probably most importantly, stressful events during childhood.
Childhood trauma,  like physical or sexual abuse, losing a parent at a young age,  or witnessing a violent act creates changes in the brain, that last into adulthood.
For reasons that aren't clear, these people are more prone to "prescription drug abuse".
The most obvious environmental factor though is simply being around opioid drugs. For example... Two teens both might be predisposed to pain pill addiction. If one goes to a high school where painkiller abuse is considered "cool" he might be more likely to use and become addicted.
If the other teen is never exposed to painkillers he "maybe more likely" to never try them.
Adults who have already abused other substances like alcohol or cocaine are more likely to fall victim to painkiller addiction.
Cigarette smokers and young people are always at "higher risk."
People with co-existing mental health conditions like depression, anxiety, and bipolar disorders are more likely to abuse drugs in general. These individuals are more likely to self medicate to feel better, but in the process they raise their risk for pain pill addiction.
How long someone abuses depends on the addiction. Someone who abused painkillers "for weeks" have a better chance of overcoming the addiction versus people who abuse them continously.

When I was using and abusing which one of these categories did I fall under ??????
None of them... I never did any drugs my whole life. I never smoked a cigarette, I never smoked marijuana, I never did any recreational type drug. I never even been intoxicated . I never had any type of mental condition.
I suffered a serious bout of depression (only after becoming an addict). I suffered from some form of "childhood trauma" as a very young kid. I was physically abused. In my years of growing up I was bullied so I was somewhat affected by the childhood truama. But quickly grew out of it.  As an adult I'm unsure if any of those factors contributed to my painkiller addiction.
When I started taking the "Lorcet" aka " Hydrocodone"
I wasn't stressing in my life,  I wasn't depressed either, as a matter of fact,  I was in a good place in my life at that time.
Somehow the pills motivated me, and that's how the addition grew. Everyday I took Lorcet, and I would get a rush of energy. As the pills wore off, I became sluggish, and seem to have lost my motion.
I began increasing the quantity, thinking the more I took, the longer the feeling would last. But instead,  I was left with horrible side effects, including having severe itch attacks.
And as the years progressed, so did my addiction. I was taking Lorcet all day everyday, then the horrible "withdrawals" came along. I think I stayed an addict so long because of my " physical dependency". I didn't realize it was also a "chemical dependency".
So as you can see with my story, I was a regular person who turned into a full blown addict.
Addiction can happen to anyone at anytime. It is important to know what painkiller you are taking, exactly why your taking it, and how long do you have to take it. Have a good relationship and an understanding. If your Dr. is a good doctor he will be sure to monitor your progress, and answer any questions or concerns you may have.
If you are struggling with an addiction, and need support, please do not hesitate to email me.
If there was hope for me, there is hope for anyone ! I am living proof.
(All conversations are completely confidential)
Thank you for reading Chasenomore.Org. Please continue to READ  SHARE and FOLLOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment